The purpose of this policy is to set forth the guidelines and procedures governing Library functions, Library activity, collection management, College Archives, records management, and personnel expectations.
The Library is a college‐wide academic resource supporting learning and teaching at Tulsa Community College.
The Library is an enriched environment of knowledge resources where intellectual curiosity is inspired and nurtured, leading to the improvement of the individual and the culture.
The Library objectives are to:
(1) provide access to information and discovery through the Library’s services, resources, and technology
(2) teach information literacy and help students develop critical thinking skills
(3) provide space for knowledge exchange, collaborative learning, and meaningful study
(4) connect with students, faculty, and staff by building relationships that facilitate learning and transform thinking
The responsibilities of the Library are to:
(1) recruit, develop, and support a progressive staff
(2) assist patrons to navigate the vast amount of available information
(3) act as a catalyst for discovery by which students learn to transform information into knowledge
(4) offer a welcoming and secure environment with information‐rich study areas
(5) provide spaces where our students, faculty, and staff can find resources to improve themselves and their communities
(6) integrate its services with the wealth of resources available in multiple formats
(7) support teaching and learning by connecting with the array of instructional support services at the college
Metro Campus Library: 918.595.7172 | Northeast Campus Library: 918.595.7501 | Southeast Campus Library: 918.595.7701 | West Campus Library: 918.595.8010
email: Library Website Technical Help | MyTCC | © 2023 Tulsa Community College