Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
TCC Library Mission
The Library is a college-wide academic resource supporting learning and teaching at Tulsa Community College.
TCC Library Vision
The Library is an enriched environment of knowledge resources where intellectual curiosity is inspired and nurtured, leading to the improvement of the individual and the culture.
TCC Library Core Functions
- Provide access to information and discovery through the Library's services, resources and technology.
- Teach information literacy and help students develop critical thinking skills.
- Provide space for knowledge exchange, collaborative learning, and meaningful study.
- Connect with students, faculty, and staff by building relationships which facilitate learning and transform thinking.
Instruction Program Mission
Information literacy forms the basis of lifelong learning. Library instructors support the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills through an instruction program that is integrated with the curriculum. We are committed to developing individuals into discerning users of information who can identify when information is needed, as well as have the ability to locate, evaluate and use the information effectively.
Instruction Program Vision
The Library is committed to student success by supporting teaching and learning across the College. Through all disciplines we facilitate opportunities for students to seek knowledge, analyze it, and generate new material. Instruction is grounded on pedagogically sound principles that advocate best practice.
We work as collaborative partners with faculty to integrate information literacy competencies into the curriculum. Lessons are designed to be flexible in nature to meet the requirements of individual courses and instructors. Instruction may range from an introductory focus on general research skills to more advanced research methods that explore resources unique to specific subjects.
We interact with students of diverse backgrounds and varied learning styles to connect them with the resources and learning tools they need. Instruction takes place in varied settings (group, individual, face-to-face, online, etc.) to meet students at their point of need. We advocate for all students to receive general library instruction early in their college career.
Instruction Program Goals
- Introduce students to information resources and provide education in using these resources effectively, efficiently, and ethically.
- Partner with instructors to implement information literacy initiatives that enhance student learning.
- Expand educational resources to provide similar library resources and services to all students, regardless of the learning environment (face-to-face, online, inside and outside the libraries).
- Develop a culture of assessment for continued improvement.
- Provide progressive learning environments that foster collaborative or independent learning.
Library Liaison Program
Liaison Program Mission
TCC Liaison Librarians partner with faculty to enhance student learning through outreach and engagement, stewardship of resources, and scholarly communication.
Liaison Program Goals
Outreach and Engagement
- Communicate with faculty.
- Teach information literacy sessions.
- Participate in department meetings and student events.
Stewardship of Resources
- Advocate for library resources needed by each department.
- Encourage student usage of library resources.
- Enhance accessibility of library resources.
- Maintain College knowledge management processes.
- Provide access to resources through collection development and interlibrary loan.
- Assist students and faculty with research.
- Provide information on copyright and Creative Commons licensing.
- Collaborate with faculty to find and/or create Open Educational Resources (OER).
- Help students understand what it means to be part of the Scholarly Conversation.
Metro Campus Library: 918.595.7172 | Northeast Campus Library: 918.595.7501 | Southeast Campus Library: 918.595.7701 | West Campus Library: 918.595.8010
email: Library Website Technical Help | MyTCC | © 2021 Tulsa Community College